Resizable SQLFORM grid columns?

LoveWeb2py

Mar 4, 2015, 8:29:45 AM3/4/15
to web...@googlegroups.com
Has anyone tried to tackle this before?

I'd like to be able to resize the SQLFORM.grid columns so the user could expand or contract the column similar to excel. I'm guessing I'll have to use jquery for this?

If anyone could point me in the right direction to get started I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks!

Willoughby

Mar 4, 2015, 8:36:00 AM3/4/15
to web...@googlegroups.com
I'd move over to jqgrid for something like that. But I've been using it for 5+ years, so I'm a bit biased.
I think Tim's update is the latest.  Take a look:

LoveWeb2py

Mar 4, 2015, 9:00:52 AM3/4/15
to web...@googlegroups.com
Very nice slice! I'm going to give it a try. Wasn't sure if there was a builtin already with web2py. I'd like to see something integrated with web2py in the future. Maybe I'll write a widget to add to the SQLFORM which could integrated jqgrid.

LoveWeb2py

Mar 4, 2015, 3:21:47 PM3/4/15
to web...@googlegroups.com
Although I do like the layout of jqgrid I'm also using custom buttons in the sqlform.grid  and have links going back to database versioning. I will give jqgrid a shot, but I'd love to hear other thoughts/ideas.

Richard Vézina

Mar 5, 2015, 8:34:32 AM3/5/15
to web2py-users
It use to have an integration of jqgrid in web2py in the pass... It may still there... If you search the user group a bit you will find details about it I am pretty sure...

Richard

--
Resources:
- http://web2py.com