Problem with Scheduler on pythonanywhere

Scott Hunter

May 30, 2016, 7:53:04 AM5/30/16
to web2py-users
I have an appliance hosted on pythonanywhere which uses the Scheduler (invoked using a separate web2py process with the -K switch).

This setup in my test environment (OS X at home) works fine, but on pythonanywhere, the scheduler process generates a stream of errors like:

ERROR:web2py.scheduler.giles-livetask2#30970:Error coordinating TICKER
ERROR:web2py.scheduler.giles-livetask2#30970:    error popping tasks
ERROR:web2py.scheduler.giles-livetask2#30970:Error retrieving status
[...]

Attempts to schedule a task fail to even have a new task record inserted, much less executing that task.

It was working a week ago.  I thought it might be due to upgrading to 2.14.6, but the last successful tasks show "web2py.scheduler.giles-livetask", so maybe the problem came after that upgrade.

I thought maybe the scheduler database was corrupted, but I can view the records via the admin appliance.

Any suggestions as to what I should investigate next would be appreciated.

- Scott

Niphlod

May 30, 2016, 8:48:11 AM5/30/16
to web2py-users
that error comes only on two codepaths: tables that are missing columns (and/or have different column types) and database locks.
try dropping tables, letting scheduler recreate them and see what happens.

Scott Hunter

May 31, 2016, 8:07:02 PM5/31/16
to web2py-users
Letting the scheduler recreate the tables did the trick; thanks!