Interesting new Python<-->Javascript builder

Joe Barnhart

May 2, 2015, 8:17:52 PM5/2/15
to web...@googlegroups.com
Saw this yesterday...

It translates Python to Javascript and Javascript to Python.  I could see it as an enhancement to the {{}} functionality in web2py to help write javascript code in python syntax.  C'mon, you know you already think in python -- just admit it and go all the way!

One of the problems the author faced is that he needs a reliable way to tell when blocks terminate.  We already crossed that rubicon with our usage of "pass" for block closures.  If he added that it would make a nice javascript emitter from python source in our "view" pages.

Edit:

Found another one...

This one is only Python-->Javascript (which is the direction I care about anyway)

Massimo Di Pierro

May 4, 2015, 12:15:07 PM5/4/15
to web...@googlegroups.com
Interesting!