Modify sqlform.smartgrid output and layout

musitwo

Feb 7, 2016, 12:32:03 AM2/7/16
to web2py-users

Hey, I recently started to do a project with web2py.
The SQLFORM.smartgrid is a real timesaver, but I would wish to do some adjustments:

1: Change where the Children are diplayed. Either have the posibility to put the Childrends column somewhere else

or I think best would be to make the entire row clickable being redirecting to the Children. Is there a way?

2. Because smartgrid does everything on the fly, I dont know how to change the edit form of the children.
For example in one of the inputs of the childrens form there is a user Field, where a user has fill in his nickname.
I want to prepolulated that field with the current logged in user, while leaving the user with the possiblity to change the Field.

Another Field has a format of JJJJ-XXX, for explample 2016-001. The first entry in the children table would be 2016-001 and so on.
When creating a new "child", I want the user to see the field greyed out with the new generated number in it.
So if there are 3 children in the children table and I create the 4th one, the field should contain 2016-004 automatictly.

I am guessing I have to leave the smartgrid magic here and build my own form with customized fields. If that is the case,
how to I link from the smartgrid view to my custom form, when sb clicks "Add record"/"Edit" on either the parent or the child.

Thank you very much for your help.
musitwo