Open Sourced dating website

David Shavers

Feb 26, 2017, 1:17:15 AM2/26/17
to web2py-users
Good Evening,

I made a dating website when i was heavily into web2py. My original goal was to overthrow Plenty of Fish. Didn't happen lol. Currently I'm into android development and release new apps almost weekly. My dating website has over 300 users and it's still growing even though i don't advertise or put any effort into marketing. If you are interested/single/curious/looking for love/etc, it's http://www.jbtus.com

About an hour ago, i open sourced it on github because i figured some other developer may be trying to overtake pof too and would need a jumpstart to help them get past all of the arbitraries. I'm also looking for employment! The website has many features such as: user to user messaging, a forum, a user feed similar to that of Facebook, bootstrap slideshow, jumbotrons, sorting based on gender/preference, stripe(payment) integration, featured users, user login page, and much more! This website is easily customizable and i did most of the hard work for you. Also, this app uses NO PLUGINS! Enjoy!

PS.. if you encounter any issues that you aren't able to fix, please contact me so i can try my best to help!  And if you are into android development, let me know and we can collaborate or swap ideas or something

Donald McClymont

Feb 26, 2017, 5:18:51 PM2/26/17
to web2py-users
Thanks for sharing - I will take a look.  No plans to start a dating website for people - however currently quite enjoying reading "The evolution of everything" and this argues that human progress arises when ideas have sex - so perhaps it could be adapted to a dating site for ideas.

Donald

Jaimee S

Feb 26, 2017, 7:03:38 PM2/26/17
to Donald McClymont
Yea, dude. There definitely aren't ‎many new ideas under the sun so its always best to find one and improve it a little.

David Shavers
Founder, Just Between Us
jbthe...@gmail.com
www.jbtus.com
Feb 27, 2017, 5:13:33 PM2/27/17
to web...@googlegroups.com
Wooooow! Thanks for sharing! New ideas! New features!

Thanks a lot and best regards!

Fabiano

Resources:
- http://web2py.com
---

David Shavers

Feb 27, 2017, 5:16:26 PM2/27/17
to web2py-users
Glad you liked!

David Shavers

Apr 17, 2017, 12:20:50 AM4/17/17
to web2py-users
Bump,

Fully featured dating website. If you have any ideas of what you would like to see added let me know and I will try to do it and then open source it.

David Shavers

Apr 17, 2017, 12:22:24 AM4/17/17
to web2py-users
Includes forum, feed similar to that of Facebook, user to user messaging, gender sorting, preference sorting, sexual orientation sorting, group chats, picture uploading, user profiles, etc

Massimo Di Pierro

Apr 21, 2017, 11:21:05 AM4/21/17
to web2py-users
Nice work! I am not sure I can sign up to try without getting in trouble. ;-)

David Shavers

Apr 21, 2017, 11:36:19 AM4/21/17
to web2py-users
Haha thanks a lot Massimo, your acknowledgement makes me want to code better

David Shavers

Apr 24, 2017, 2:12:28 PM4/24/17
to web2py-users
I've been trying to keep spam accounts to a minimum, but I do agree that I should provide a test account for other developers to browse.

Username: alex101
Password: alex101

David Shavers

Apr 28, 2017, 9:19:22 AM4/28/17