Fresh install, getting error: table "auth_user" already exists

pbreit

Sep 29, 2016, 1:15:18 AM9/29/16
to web...@googlegroups.com
Weird. I keep getting auth_user already exists errors. I cloned a fresh web2py from Github (with the --recursive flag), added a "New simple application" and upon the very first access of the new app I get that error. I guess what is happening is it creates "sql.log" file in /databases and then it sees it again for some reason. I've tried re-cloning web2py from scratch several times. Any ideas?

If it matters, Mac Sierra, Python 2.7.12.

pbreit

Sep 29, 2016, 1:33:32 AM9/29/16
to web2py-users
Appears to be a permissions issue as it goes away if I start web2py with sudo.

Richard Vézina

Sep 29, 2016, 11:35:27 AM9/29/16
to web2py-users
Check files owner, should be www-data recursively if you are in prod under ubuntu...

--
Resources:
- http://web2py.com

pbreit

Sep 30, 2016, 12:55:37 PM9/30/16
to web2py-users
Sorry, should have been more specific: it was on Mac Sierra.

I ended up uninstalling Homebrew (i had installed python and python3 via brew). I think it is working correctly now.

I do recall seeing there might be an issue related to an incompatibility with Homebrew, SQLite and/or Mac Sierra.