Problems running with Cygwin

Andre Basel

Apr 16, 2014, 6:26:13 AM4/16/14
to web...@googlegroups.com
I have been following: http://killer-web-development.com/section/2/5

As per the tutorial, I can get the following lines to work:
curl -O http://www.web2py.com/examples/static/web2py_src.zip
$ unzip web2py_src.zip
$ cd web2py

However when I run the last line:
$ ./web2py.py
Nothing happens, I simply return to the $ prompt.

Any ideas

Dave S

Apr 16, 2014, 9:18:32 PM4/16/14
to web...@googlegroups.com

What OS are you running on?  Do you have a version of Python already installed?

/dps

Any ideas

Kiran Subbaraman

Apr 17, 2014, 1:14:06 AM4/17/14
to web...@googlegroups.com
python 2.7.x should be 32bit.
cygwin use the 32bit installer.
Since it is from source, you can run this as python ./web2py.py
I just tried this on my Windows8 box, and this works.
Kiran Subbaraman
http://subbaraman.wordpress.com/about/
On Wed, 16-04-2014 3:56 PM, Andre Basel wrote:
I have been following: http://killer-web-development.com/section/2/5

As per the tutorial, I can get the following lines to work:
curl -O http://www.web2py.com/examples<
span style="font-family: inherit; font-size: inherit; font-style: inherit; font-variant: inherit; font-weight: bold; line-height: inherit;">/static/web2py_src.zip

--
Resources:
- http://web2py.com