Blog Template - Github

David

Dec 7, 2016, 3:03:15 PM12/7/16
to web2py-users
Hello,

I made my personal website with web2py a month or two ago. I's a dating website and I haven't encountered any problems, although I have not had the need to scale or anything just yet.

I've made a blog template for a client and I want to share it with anyone that may be interested so that they can worry about the content of their website and not the inner workings. The blog is located at hypenews.pythonanywhere.com. You can create posts, edit comments, and change your categories/slideshow image at hypenews.pythonanywhere.com/init/default/hypenewsthehypenewsqq123

If anyone has any feedback or ideas that I could add into it then I'd appreciate that. I'm actively maintaining it.

I intend for it to be open source on github, but I don't know how to push an app to github. Can Someone give me the steps or point me to something that I can read?

Please note that this app is hosted for free at the moment just so others can see a finished product. it expires in 3 months. i'll continue to use it in conjunction with my own website though.

Marlysson Silva

Dec 8, 2016, 2:37:40 PM12/8/16
to web2py-users
With relation with expires in pythonanywhere you can renew your application..

- Could be increase your layout
- The second link doesn't working.

To push your code to github your just have that :

- Create repository in github.
- git init in your folder.
- add remote ( repository's link ) ex. github.com/blablabla.git
git push remote

git init
git remote add origin link_repository
git push origin master

Some doubt just call me.

David

Dec 8, 2016, 4:07:26 PM12/8/16
to web2py-users
Thanks for replying

The correct address is http://hypenews.pythonanywhere.com/init/default/hypenewsthehypenewsqq123

I created the repository but step two has me stumped. Can you elaborate?

David

Dec 8, 2016, 4:30:57 PM12/8/16
to web2py-users

Marlysson Silva

Dec 9, 2016, 7:01:34 AM12/9/16
to web2py-users
What your doubt?

David

Dec 9, 2016, 10:15:22 AM12/9/16
to web2py-users
"Git init in your folder"

I'm not sure what this means

Marlysson Silva

Dec 9, 2016, 10:22:51 AM12/9/16
to web2py-users
Do you have git installed in your pc?

David

Dec 9, 2016, 10:52:33 AM12/9/16
to web2py-users
Yes, I just now downloaded it to my laptop and went through the tutorial

Marlysson Silva

Dec 11, 2016, 6:06:39 PM12/11/16
to web2py-users

Into of the your folder project, text:

git init

after:

git add . # to add all to git

after :

git commit -m "Yout message commit"

after:

git remote add origin your_link_of_repository_created_in_github

after:

git push origin master

David

Dec 11, 2016, 11:45:02 PM12/11/16
to web...@googlegroups.com
It worked perfectly, thanks!

However, it won't let me open the web2py file. It just downloads it. Mind checking it out?

Marlysson Silva

Dec 12, 2016, 5:12:44 AM12/12/16
to web2py-users
Great , I saw that you push your app in pack format..

You should push the application folder that includes controllers/models/views/ etc..

Give git init within application folder and do procedures above..

David

Dec 12, 2016, 11:52:00 AM12/12/16
to web2py-users
It's up there! Thanks for the help, man. I had to create a new github repo because it was throwing me errors but here's the link:

Marlysson Silva

Dec 12, 2016, 1:32:32 PM12/12/16
to web2py-users
Awesome.. Great work..

Andrea Engel

Dec 12, 2016, 10:57:13 PM12/12/16
to web2py-users
Hi David,

I created a web2py blog as well a couple of month ago.
So If you need some inspiration, here is the link: meadowlark.de

I have to say, I don't maintain the blog on a regular basis as I just created it for myself to proof to myself I can do this.
However, I think a blog archive, maybe an "about me" section and maybe even a search bar for tags and keywords are helpful features for a blog.
As I said this is just inspiration for you. If you have any questions, feel free to contact me.

I backup my work in Bitbucket, using SourceTree as my local repository. So If you need help with that, let me know.

David

Dec 12, 2016, 11:11:30 PM12/12/16
to web2py-users
Sweet blog, Andrea!

Simple and straight to the point. I made my blog just to beef up my resume and have something open sourced. My main project is jbtus.com a dating site. My blog is jbtus.com/blog

That template was for a client I had and I could definitely add those things in there for them.

What are you working on now?

Jörg Schneider

Dec 13, 2016, 12:33:25 PM12/13/16
to web2py-users
Hallo Andrea,

gute Arbeit, Dein Blog. (darf ich Deutsch schreiben?) ;-)
Das ist ein von aufgepepptes Bootstrap-Theme?

Ich würde gern mehr über den Layer-Effekt wissen, der sich hinter der "read more" Funktion in der "about me"-Sektion verbirgt. So etwas in der Art würde ich gern auch in einem meiner web2py-Projekte verwenden: https://www.sprachbruecke-halle.de

good work, your Blog!
I'm interested in the layer effect behind the "read me"-button on your "about me" section.

Jörg

Dave S

Dec 13, 2016, 4:13:00 PM12/13/16
to web2py-users

On Tuesday, December 13, 2016 at 9:33:25 AM UTC-8, Jörg Schneider wrote:
Hallo Andrea,

gute Arbeit, Dein Blog. (darf ich Deutsch schreiben?) ;-)
Das ist ein von aufgepepptes Bootstrap-Theme?

Ich würde gern mehr über den Layer-Effekt wissen, der sich hinter der "read more" Funktion in der "about me"-Sektion verbirgt. So etwas in der Art würde ich gern auch in einem meiner web2py-Projekte verwenden: https://www.sprachbruecke-halle.de

good work, your Blog!
I'm interested in the layer effect behind the "read me"-button on your "about me" section.

Jörg

It looks like she uses some data tags to make the anchor behave in a modal fashion.  (Is that an HTML5 feature,
or did I miss something from version 4?)

/dps

Jörg Schneider

Dec 14, 2016, 2:57:01 AM12/14/16
to web2py-users
Oh! Yes, it looks like this: http://www.w3schools.com/bootstrap/bootstrap_modal.asp
Thank you Dave! I think the only one who missed some impressive advantages in the evolution form HTML4 to HTML5 is me. :'-)