setup_exe.py bbfreeze- Not building working executable

Brian M

Nov 30, 2016, 5:15:08 PM11/30/16
to web2py-users
Has anybody built their own Windows executable using extras\build_web2py\setup_exe.py lately? I've copied setup_exe.py and setup_exe.conf to the web2py TLD and ran python setup_exe.py bbfreeze and it builds the binary alright. But then when I actually launch the executable and fire up web2py even just the welcome app throws errors and then trying to view the errors throws yet more errors. If I look at the actual error files it appears that modules aren't being included - appconfig is the first one to error out for welcome. I've tried adding gluon.contrib.appconfig to the contributed_modules list in gluon/import_all.py (line 70) that gets things a bit farther only to error that the tools module also wasn't included. So it would appear that bbfreeze isn't doing a very good job at figuring out what web2py modules it needs to include.

I've done builds of the Windows binaries myself before (though not in over a year) and it doesn't look like the build related files have been updated in a couple of years so I don't know what's wrong. Anybody else out there managed to do a successful windows binary build recently or have any ideas about what might be wrong?

Brian