google_adapters.py vs google.py

Karoly Kantor

Jun 21, 2017, 4:26:54 AM6/21/17
to web2py-users
I am using a web2py version from http://web2py.com/init/default/download, column "for normal users", "source code". I am under the impression that this is the latest official stable release. In gluon/packages/pdal/adapters it has a file named google_adapters.py.

Now I am trying to test a fix to this, for issue 1613, and it seems to have a change to a file named .../pdal/adapters/google.py

At what point did google_adapters.py become google.py? What should I do now to test the new version? (I mean, what to replace from where?)

Thanks.

Anthony

Jun 21, 2017, 11:37:42 AM6/21/17
to web2py-users
If the change is small, you could simply try manually replicating the change in your google_adapters.py file. Otherwise, the simplest option would probably be to just create a separate installation of web2py from Github via:

git clone --recursive git@github.com:web2py/web2py.git

Anthony