Web2py Solr UI

Morris Fourie

Sep 14, 2016, 9:37:21 AM9/14/16
to web2py-users
I need assistance with Web2py and Solr UI. I am new and not at the right level yet but am willing to pay. I hope I am at the right forum and come anyone help
Thanks
Mo

Massimo Di Pierro

Sep 14, 2016, 11:42:55 AM9/14/16
to web2py-users
You can ask here. If we can help for free so that everybody benefit the better. If instead you have private code and do not want to show, please contact one of the companies doing web2py support listed from the web2py page.

Donald McClymont

Sep 15, 2016, 6:51:25 PM9/15/16
to web2py-users
Massimo has also posted this as a starting point https://github.com/mdipierro/web2py-haystack  which may be a useful starting point- I haven't used with solr but did manage to extend to GAE Search without too much difficulty.

Regards
Donald

Ron Chatterjee

Sep 16, 2016, 11:05:29 AM9/16/16
to web2py-users
I never used heystack so its interesting. How the heystack has advantage over this?

query = SQLFORM.build_query(list_of_searchable_fields,search_text)

Massimo Di Pierro

Sep 18, 2016, 11:01:09 PM9/18/16
to web2py-users
The build_query is not efficient. It uses the LIKE operator therefore it does not uses proper full text search.
Full text search builds an index of keywords and can efficiently search them inside text.
Whoosh, Solr, and other libraries to that. Haystack is a wrapper named after the equivalent Django module.

Ron Chatterjee

Sep 19, 2016, 11:43:44 AM9/19/16
to web2py-users
Thank you Massimo. Learn something new Everyday!