Simple Wiki Markmin Google docs viewer needs HTTPS

A3

Aug 19, 2015, 5:39:14 PM8/19/15
to web2py-users
Hi, I tried to use the Simple Wiki and found the following problem:
I uploaded an excel file in page media.
On the wiki page I used the link to the uploaded file: @////3/testexcel.xls
When i look at the page i get an empty square.
I am using Chrome: when I inspect the element, is shows:
Mixed Content: The page at 'https://_____.pythonanywhere.com/controller/default/index/page#' was loaded over HTTPS, but requested an insecure resource 'http://docs.google.com/viewer?url=https%3A//f____.pythonanywhere.com/controller/default/index/3/testexcel.xls&embedded=true'. This request has been blocked; the content must be served over HTTPS.

hope anybody can help.
regards Adri

Massimo Di Pierro

Aug 20, 2015, 3:00:58 PM8/20/15
to web2py-users
Made a change in master branch that uses https instead of http for this. Please try it.
Message has been deleted

A3

Sep 23, 2015, 9:50:35 AM9/23/15
to web2py-users
Hi Massimo:
I tried it: browser is no longer complaining about mixed content but ..
the viewer is not showing anything.
I tried to open the document in the viewer using the rendered link:
This shows a document with the HTML login page?
It seems web2py doesn't want to pass the excel document to the viewer?

Massimo Di Pierro

Sep 24, 2015, 11:29:07 PM9/24/15
to web2py-users
Is there any @auth.require* protection for the url that serves the xls document? The viewer is a google app and it does not share your credentials. It wants the doc to be public.

A3

Oct 7, 2015, 5:57:28 AM10/7/15
to web2py-users
Yes @auth.requires_login(), after removing it works.
But ...
How can I protect my pages when I want to use the viewer?