general error handling

Alex Glaros

Nov 25, 2015, 7:25:59 PM11/25/15
to web2py-users
is there a way to direct user from any un-handled errors to a generic page so they don't see the raw dump?

I mean any errors that I missed and do not handle, could they be handled by a general error handling function?

thanks

Alex Glaros

Dave S

Nov 25, 2015, 8:21:37 PM11/25/15
to web2py-users

On Wednesday, November 25, 2015 at 4:25:59 PM UTC-8, Alex Glaros wrote:
is there a way to direct user from any un-handled errors to a generic page so they don't see the raw dump?

I mean any errors that I missed and do not handle, could they be handled by a general error handling function?

Typically they are, by a ticket page.  The user is spared the cruel details that reveal the magnitude of your slip, but has enough information to direct the help desk's attention to the area of malediction.

Are your users seeing something else?

/dps

Alex Glaros

Nov 26, 2015, 2:28:03 AM11/26/15
to web2py-users
I'm not sure what potential users would see on PythonAnywhere.  I think when they click on the error link, a message would say something like "not logged on to Admin"  or "requires admin password".

Actually I guess that is ok....

Niphlod

Nov 26, 2015, 11:24:18 AM11/26/15
to web2py-users
please see the "Routes on error" section of the book