Newbie question about github / trunk

Karoly Kantor

Jun 21, 2017, 3:53:55 AM6/21/17
to web2py-users
I raised an issue in github about Google Cloud SQL ( https://github.com/web2py/web2py/issues/1613 ), and I received a request to test the new code in trunk. I have never used trunk and I have no idea where to find it, can someone point me to the right direction, please?

Thanks.

黄祥

Jun 21, 2017, 4:05:03 AM6/21/17
to web2py-users
in http://web2py.com/init/default/download you can see there are several links for tester (trunk)
e.g. for source code

best regards,
stifan

Karoly Kantor

Jun 21, 2017, 4:18:20 AM6/21/17
to web2py-users
Sorry I don't get it. The code under that link seems old to me, the particular pdal adapter file I am interested in is from 2016 May 10.

Anthony

Jun 21, 2017, 11:38:58 AM6/21/17
to web2py-users
That just means test the master branch on Github. You can get it via:

git clone --recursive git@github.com:web2py/web2py.git

Of course, you need Git installed.

Anthony

Nico Zanferrari

Jun 22, 2017, 4:05:15 AM6/22/17
to web...@googlegroups.com
You can also download the current "master branch" directly from the link https://github.com/web2py/web2py/archive/master.zip

Nico

--
Resources:
- http://web2py.com

Anthony

Jun 22, 2017, 10:37:47 AM6/22/17
to web2py-users
On Thursday, June 22, 2017 at 4:05:15 AM UTC-4, Nico Zanferrari wrote:
You can also download the current "master branch" directly from the link https://github.com/web2py/web2py/archive/master.zip

No, the web2py repo includes PyDal as a Git submodule, and the download zip file generated by Github does not include submodules, so that zip file will not work.

Anthony

Nico Zanferrari

Sep 11, 2017, 8:25:30 AM9/11/17
to web...@googlegroups.com
Well, if you cannot use git, in fact you can do this:

- download https://github.com/web2py/web2py/archive/master.zip and uncompress it (for example in /tmp/web2py.master)
- download https://github.com/web2py/pydal/archive/master.zip and uncompress it. Move its content inside the web2py directory (in the above example, under /tmp/web2py.master/gluon/packages/dal

By the way, using git you'll get all the latest updates, while using the downloaded zip you'll get the current nightly build.

Nico