I was thinking about python2 clock

Ty oc

Mar 19, 2018, 2:44:22 PM3/19/18
to web2py-users
There have been new frameworks comming for 3.5> and I just found https://pythonclock.org/ so I wonder, if I can start migrating my web2py apps right now to the next version of web2py?

It is because I have a large rewrite and would love to use 3.5 or 3.6 for this.

Leonel Câmara

Mar 20, 2018, 6:14:58 PM3/20/18
to web2py-users
I'm guessing the rewrite will take some time. One thing you can do is to report any python3 problems you find with web2py while you do it. We'll fix them.

We've fixed many many python 3 compatibility problems on the last months, you should be fine.

Ty oc

Mar 22, 2018, 2:37:54 PM3/22/18
to web2py-users
That means that I can run right now web2py on python 3.5 or 3.6? if I update to master? (my webpy version is a little old).

Nice! will try!

Ty oc

Mar 22, 2018, 3:13:50 PM3/22/18
to web2py-users
I think we2py should join the party!! and be on the list! :P

http://python3statement.org/

Richard Vézina

Mar 22, 2018, 3:26:31 PM3/22/18
to web2py-users
Take care if you run your app under python 3... It a no way back because pickled object format change and you can't cleanly revert this change back... Try it with a copy of your app.

Richard

--
Resources:
- http://web2py.com

Anthony

Mar 22, 2018, 6:53:19 PM3/22/18
to web2py-users
On Thursday, March 22, 2018 at 3:26:31 PM UTC-4, Richard wrote:
Take care if you run your app under python 3... It a no way back because pickled object format change and you can't cleanly revert this change back... Try it with a copy of your app.

Of course it is a good idea to back up your app before making any changes, but I wouldn't say there is "no way back." Files that contain pickled objects are the *.table database migration files, session files, and error tickets. It is easy to generate a new set of *.table files by setting fake_migrate_all=True, and session files and error tickets are generally ephemeral anyway.

Anthony

Ty oc

Mar 26, 2018, 6:25:23 PM3/26/18
to web2py-users
I see, and in fact, yes, I was surprised to see that it run OK on first try on python3.

Thought this is a little pulling it off, it would be nice if I could run the pycharm check code for webpy modules and get 0 warnings or errors.

SO, I wonder, if you have a setup that "allow" this?