Nginx + SSL certificates for two different apps

dirman

Apr 18, 2018, 6:16:35 AM4/18/18
to web2py-users
I need help setting two SSL certificates for two different apps on one instance of web2py.
kindly include the config file if you can help me.

Richard Vézina

Apr 18, 2018, 2:00:27 PM4/18/18
to web2py-users
You have to use multiple subdomain certificate...

Look at SNI certificate configuration...

I will have a look at how I achieve that.

--
Resources:
- http://web2py.com

Richard Vézina

Apr 18, 2018, 2:39:04 PM4/18/18
to web2py-users
Here  how I achieved it with openssl :

openssl req -new -days 730 -sha256 -key NAME.key -subj "/.../CN=*.DOMAIN.COM/emailAddress=YOUR...@DOMAIN.COM" -reqexts SAN -config <(cat /etc/ssl/openssl.cnf <(printf "[SAN]\nsubjectAltName=DNS:sub1.DOMAIN.COM,DNS:sub2.DOMAIN.COM,DNS:sub3.DOMAIN.COM,DNS:sub4.DOMAIN.COM,DNS:sub5.DOMAIN.COM")) -out NAME.csr

It SAN :

I recall that other command were not working for some reasons that I forgot about. The usual command wasn't working and it finally work with the above...

Good luck