LOAD with ajax=True not working with SSL

Tom Øyvind Hogstad

May 27, 2016, 4:02:59 AM5/27/16
to web...@googlegroups.com
Hi I enabled SSL on my site and a web2py form.grid embedded in a page using LOAD ajax=True ended up only spinning.
Works fine without SSL.

BTW: Apache WSGI

Niphlod

May 27, 2016, 8:33:43 AM5/27/16
to web2py-users
check your SSL virtual server stanza: there's probably something different in it. From web2py standpoint, http or https makes no difference at all.

Tom Øyvind Hogstad

May 28, 2016, 1:56:30 PM5/28/16
to web2py-users
Everything looks okay. It's a bit challenging to experiment on a live server, so I will look more into it when time permits me to set up SSL on a test environment.
Really not concerned about security, but I discovered Google Chrome won't permit use of the browser geolocation functions unless the site use SSL ... Still works in Safari on IOS so it's not really an issue. :-)

Tom Ø.

Anthony

May 28, 2016, 5:25:05 PM5/28/16
to web2py-users
Does it work if you load the exact same URL as the main page (i.e., without Ajax)?