is it possible to hand over Rows object to sqlform.grid form ?

alex

Apr 21, 2014, 10:15:10 AM4/21/14
to web...@googlegroups.com
Hello guys. I need to display different rows with checkboxes from different tables , so I decided to use grid form. With such demands I have to use one grid form for each table, but as far as I know that it's incorrect to do so. Maybe there is a way to extract rows from those tables and hand them over to a grid form ?? Any other options ? Thanks...

Dave S

Apr 21, 2014, 3:17:52 PM4/21/14
to web...@googlegroups.com
On Monday, April 21, 2014 7:15:10 AM UTC-7, alex wrote:
Hello guys. I need to display different rows with checkboxes from different tables , so I decided to use grid form. With such demands I have to use one grid form for each table, but as far as I know that it's incorrect to do so. Maybe there is a way to extract rows from those tables and hand them over to a grid form ?? Any other options ? Thanks...

Can you make a temporary table for the collected data, and make your fom from that?   Do the different tables have similar structure, or are you collecting disparate items ("part number" from the parts table, "document title" from the documentation table, and "appointment time" from the scheduling table?)

/dps

alex

Apr 22, 2014, 2:38:01 AM4/22/14
to web...@googlegroups.com
yep. Making a temporary table for collected data was the first obvious option, but it would be much better to convey somehow a list of rows to the grid directly... All the tables have the same schema, each table includes info from a separate network node, query is the same for all the tables as well...

alex

Apr 24, 2014, 2:30:14 AM4/24/14
to web...@googlegroups.com
solved the issue by implementing temporal table, thanks a lot...