[web2py] Retrieve other fields from the LDAP database during login

John Freking

Mar 20, 2017, 9:38:44 AM3/20/17
to web...@googlegroups.com
I'm using LDAP AUTH with MS Active Directory and I added three extra
fields for names and email. The three fields are.

user_firstname_attrib
user_lastname_attrib
user_mail_attrib

This code works fine but I want to retrieve other fields from the LDAP
database. Is it possible to get more than these these fields? I
would like to find the manager of the user.

Thanks,
John

Dave S

Mar 20, 2017, 4:30:42 PM3/20/17
to web2py-users

Richard Vézina

Mar 22, 2017, 10:56:29 AM3/22/17
to web2py-users
Which field, are they related to group? Please try to be more specific. I think you can get more data from LDAP for group, but I am not sure if it possible for fields specific to the user though you can hack the ldap_auth to do so...

Richard

--
Resources:
- http://web2py.com