scheduler trouble

Manuele Pesenti

May 21, 2015, 12:13:56 PM5/21/15
to web...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
I need a task that runs every 20" but ti seams that sometimes it gets
more than the 19" I setup for the timeout.
If the task goes timeout it seams the db remains locked and the whole
application stops to answere... How can I by-pass the task timeout?
Any idea?

Thanks a lot

Manuele

Niphlod

May 21, 2015, 12:35:59 PM5/21/15
to web...@googlegroups.com

On Thursday, May 21, 2015 at 6:13:56 PM UTC+2, Manuele wrote:
Hi,
I need a task that runs every 20" but ti seams that sometimes it gets
more than the 19" I setup for the timeout.

set 18'' . it's a "python issue" that the timeout is not that precise-thing to rely on. In their defense, it's made to control "WTF" processes, not to being nitpicky

If the task goes timeout it seams the db remains locked and the whole
application stops to answere... How can I by-pass the task timeout?

Something is really wrong with your app or your task. If the task timeouts, the process has been killed (meaning also that every resource got released). Unless you coded something very weird I don't see how you shouldn't notice hiccups whatsoever (that's one of the beauties of processes vs threads)

Manuele Pesenti

May 22, 2015, 4:19:29 AM5/22/15
to web...@googlegroups.com
Hi Niphlod,
thanks for your replay. I solved my trouble switching the scheduler db connection that I forgot it was still using SQLite to PostgreSQL.
Thanks to this change the task has performed 2778 run from yesterday evening without any problem.

Best regards

    Manuekle

Il 21/05/15 18:35, Niphlod ha scritto:
--