Docker Image for CentOS and Alpine

David Sperling

Apr 20, 2018, 2:32:45 PM4/20/18
to web2py-users
We have been using Web2py for several years and are now Dockerizing our solution for a cloud deployment.

After looking through the existing Docker solutions, we did not find a project that met our requirements:
  • Based on CentOS (Alpine is supported as well)
  • Void of HTTPS support - we handle this with a separate Docker container running nginx
  • Supports both uWSGI for deployment and HTTP for developer testing
  • Supports all Web2py versions
  • Minimalistic with very few layers and following Dockerfile best practices
If anyone has similar requirements or would like to help us test these new images, you can find them here.

or

docker run -p 8080:8080 smithmicro/web2py

Many thanks to the Web2py community!

Cheers,
Dave Sperling
Smith Micro

David Sperling

Apr 24, 2018, 4:49:39 PM4/24/18
to web2py-users
We are looking for a way to bypass the admin application security checks when running in a container.  Any suggestions?

The issue and detailed questions are here: