Code changes on live server not showing up

Marty Jones

Jun 21, 2016, 5:20:21 PM6/21/16
to web2py-users
I made a few changes on a DigitalOcean server running Web2py + uwsgi + nginx. The changes were to routes.py and to a couple of views. None of these are showing up on the webpage. I tried restarting uwsgi and nginx and even rebooting the VPS altogether, but still the changes don't show up. I also tried the 'reload routes' button but the desired change isn't showing. Is there some other step I'm missing?

Anthony

Jun 21, 2016, 10:46:33 PM6/21/16
to web2py-users
Is your application compiled?

Marty Jones

Jun 22, 2016, 10:39:23 AM6/22/16
to web2py-users
No. I was under the impression it doesn't need to be. Does it?

On Tuesday, June 21, 2016 at 10:46:33 PM UTC-4, Anthony wrote:
Is your application compiled?

Anthony

Jun 22, 2016, 11:18:50 AM6/22/16
to web2py-users
On Wednesday, June 22, 2016 at 10:39:23 AM UTC-4, Marty Jones wrote:
No. I was under the impression it doesn't need to be. Does it?

No, it doesn't need to be compiled, but it will run faster. Anyway, if changes aren't showing up, either you are doing some caching, or the code you're changing isn't the code that's actually running in production.

Anthony

Marty Jones

Jun 22, 2016, 11:43:08 AM6/22/16
to web2py-users
I see. Are there any web2py-specific caching settings I should check?

Anthony

Jun 22, 2016, 11:45:49 AM6/22/16
to web2py-users
On Wednesday, June 22, 2016 at 11:43:08 AM UTC-4, Marty Jones wrote:
I see. Are there any web2py-specific caching settings I should check?

No, web2py doesn't cache anything by default.

Anthony