authentication fields

F.C.

Feb 17, 2018, 11:30:53 PM2/17/18
to web2py-users
I am creating custom forms using the standard authentication sql forms. Where can I get a list of all the relevant fields that come with these forms.

For example, for the password, reset I believe that password and password_two can be used to grab the password from the user. What field is used to capture the old password?

Anthony

Feb 18, 2018, 8:21:36 AM2/18/18
to web2py-users
On Saturday, February 17, 2018 at 11:30:53 PM UTC-5, F.C. wrote:
I am creating custom forms using the standard authentication sql forms. Where can I get a list of all the relevant fields that come with these forms.

You can simply view the forms in a browser. To see the names of the fields, just use the browser's inspection tools. You can also submit a form and inspect request.post_vars in the controller.

You can also check the code in /gluon/tools.py. The methods starting here are for each of the Auth actions, and they include the construction of the forms displayed for the respective actions.

For example, for the password, reset I believe that password and password_two can be used to grab the password from the user. What field is used to capture the old password?

The value would be in request.post_vars.old_password.

Anthony