Newbie print question

jimbo

Apr 17, 2014, 6:25:14 AM4/17/14
to web...@googlegroups.com
Right, I have made a simple database which works well and looks nice on screen. That is in 'edit' everything looks as it should, everything in nice neat boxes and that is how I would like it to print.

However when I print the page a lot of other stuff appears which I gather are link details, a Google lead me to believe that this is caused by some code in the css of web2py. I have looked through the css but can't see which bit I could alter/remove.

Any ideas, explained simply please?

Thanks, Jimmy

LightDot

Apr 17, 2014, 6:57:48 AM4/17/14
to web...@googlegroups.com
I think there is a bit of vocabulary mismatch happening here. I assume you, by "print", mean displaying generated html in the browser?

In that case, please be more specific about what exactly you want removed or altered. Show us your code or a screenshot and state *exactly* what's the issue.

Regards

jimbo

Apr 17, 2014, 7:01:01 AM4/17/14
to web...@googlegroups.com
Sorry, the page displays on screen fine, it is when I send it to the printer that the extra 'garbage' appears.

Thanks.

Anthony

Apr 17, 2014, 9:48:08 AM4/17/14
to web...@googlegroups.com
Bootstrap includes some "@media print" CSS rules, one of which displays the href of links right after the link (this is in bootstrap.min.css). See http://drupal.stackexchange.com/questions/59900/how-to-get-rid-of-added-urls-when-printing-a-bootstrap-themed-page. If you'd like, you can go to http://getbootstrap.com/customize/ and generate a custom Bootstrap file that excludes the print media styles.

Anthony

jimbo

Apr 17, 2014, 11:48:17 AM4/17/14
to web...@googlegroups.com
Cheers Anthony, will have a go at that. Can I just comment out or remove those lines. Thanks Jimmy.

Anthony

Apr 17, 2014, 1:43:54 PM4/17/14
to web...@googlegroups.com
Yes, you can just comment/remove those lines.

Dave S

Apr 17, 2014, 2:49:29 PM4/17/14
to web...@googlegroups.com

On Thursday, April 17, 2014 8:48:17 AM UTC-7, jimbo wrote:
Cheers Anthony, will have a go at that. Can I just comment out or remove those lines. Thanks Jimmy.

Been there, done that, got the turtleneck:
<https://groups.google.com/d/msg/web2py/z_vjoBM9WlU/_3o3SBfnc7sJ>

   :-)

/dps

jimbo

Apr 18, 2014, 3:22:41 PM4/18/14
to web...@googlegroups.com
Dave S, followed you instructions and added that at the end of the bootstrap css file, worked a treat thanks!