_lastsql is commented out

Andrew Willimott

May 20, 2016, 2:34:07 PM5/20/16
to web2py-users
Hi,

Are we still intending to keep _lastsql functionality.   It's not working in the new pydal and I see its commented out.  Was this intentional ?

Thanks

Andrew W

Dave S

May 20, 2016, 2:39:47 PM5/20/16
to web2py-users
 As you've seen in the developer's group, the answer is "yes".  The discussion is ongoing.

/dps

Massimo Di Pierro

May 20, 2016, 10:33:25 PM5/20/16
to web2py-users
yes. there is an ongoing discussion due to the fact that when dal is used in other frameworks or programs which are multithreaded, _lastsql will return the last sql even if this was executed in a different thread. While not a problem in web2py it may be misleading. Feel free to expression your opinion about this.