Query and Manage profiles

Daniel Dos Santos Guilhermino

Jul 14, 2015, 8:21:42 AM7/14/15
to web...@googlegroups.com
Good Day people,

I have a project and do not know what the best way to start, if anyone can help me , I will be immensely grateful.

Let the facts:

I would like to deploy the Company to work a form " query" where employees create requests for certain departments , and these departments must respond to these requests. How best to work ? Using SQLform or Form ?

We will need two profiles of users, developers and " departments " , how to manage this profile ?

I believe it would work as a CRM.

Thank you in advance!

黄祥

Jul 14, 2015, 8:46:15 AM7/14/15
to web...@googlegroups.com
I would like to deploy the Company to work a form " query" where employees create requests for certain departments , and these departments must respond to these requests. How best to work ? Using SQLform or Form ?

please start from simple first, after it run well, then go ahead to make it complex, the simple way to have it work is using SQLFORM.grid (CRUDS)

We will need two profiles of users, developers and " departments " , how to manage this profile ?

just create it in auth_groups (users, developers and departments), after that assign the user (auth_users) to it's own group

best regards,
stifan

Richard Vézina

Jul 14, 2015, 9:23:06 AM7/14/15
to web2py-users
I would suggest if you need CRM functionnality that you have a look to the existing open source project, let say Odoo (OpenERP) which contain an CRM module and planty of orther thing... There is a Docker Odoo package that may help you deploy it rapidly for testing...

Richard

--
Resources:
- http://web2py.com

Dave S

Jul 14, 2015, 1:51:11 PM7/14/15
to web...@googlegroups.com

This sounds a bit undefined.  What is the purpose of the queries?  What sort of response is required?  It is probably best, as a start, to answer these questions as narrowly and specifically as possible.  It's easier to add features when you have something working, then to get something working that is too vague  .

That said, there's a lot of general-purpose stuff that could apply.  I think I'd start by taking a look at the book's example of an image blog, which shows use of SQLFORM and SQLFORAM.smartgrid.  It also shows using auth to create roles (member, manager) which are somewhat similar to the roles needed for (employee, department).

<URL:http://web2py.com/books/default/chapter/29/03/overview#An-image-blog>

/dps

Daniel Dos Santos Guilhermino

Jul 15, 2015, 4:29:02 AM7/15/15
to web...@googlegroups.com
Dear Stifan,

Thank you for your comment, I will try to follow your suggestion, using SQLFORM.grid (CRUDS).

Where are you from, China or Japan?

Best regards,

Daniel Dos Santos Guilhermino

Jul 15, 2015, 4:29:04 AM7/15/15
to web...@googlegroups.com
Dear Richard,

Thank you for your comment, I just read and saw website Odoo, Good suggest!

I had an idea when a I visit Odoo, Is possible We adapt CRM for purchase department, precisely for quotes? Let explain my idea:

I will create a user for the buyer of the Company. It will request that the vendor companies to enroll on our website to participate in quotes. We will have two profiles: Buyer and Seller.

Sellers are separated by departments such as services, consumer and etc.

When the buyer need to make a quotation, it will complete the form with the request, select the department and submit,

The system will automatically send the form to sellers that department, inviting them to participate in the quote.

We need to create a room of quotations, where the buyer has access to the suppliers answers.

It is different from Odoo, we have to register the suppliers, in this case, they will be invited to participate.

I dont know if I was clear on my explanation, What you think about?

Best regards,

Daniel - From Brazil!

Richard Vézina

Jul 30, 2015, 3:41:14 PM7/30/15
to web2py-users
Hello Daniel,

Sorry to be late, I didn't see your last post....

But frankly about Odoo, I don't know, it surely can be customized...

You seems you want a electronic bids system... I know that you can define and manage your supplier chain in Odoo... But having them to long in your system and submit bids throught it I don't know...

Odoo project is modular by nature, I guess you can develop a module for that or outsource to some Odoo shop depends of your budget.

The thing is that Odoo already support many of your requirements so you don't have to reinvent the wheel for the CRM part, UI, reporting, etc.

Write a good CRM with web2py is a good amount of work...

I would suggest your to establish your requirements, evaluate Odoo or other software and then think to wrote your own thing from scratch since you seems something that may exist already...

Good luck

Richard