New plugin to integrate with SparkPost

Leonel Câmara

Jun 24, 2017, 2:52:00 PM6/24/17
to web2py-users
I've seen a lot of people having trouble integrating with sparkpost, I actually want to start using it too, so I made a plugin:
https://github.com/leonelcamara/web2py_sparkpost

Enjoy!

anitade...@gmail.com

Jun 26, 2017, 3:42:05 PM6/26/17
to web2py-users
Greetings Mr. Camara,

In your github post, no-r...@example.com I am assuming the sparkmail email address of the sender, should be no-reply...@sparkmail.com?

Anyway you know how to populate custom email address based on username? e.g.,  us...@sparkmail.com, us...@sparkmail.com, ...so that each user has his own inbox?

mail = SparkMail(api_key='YOUR_API_KEY_HERE', sender='no-r...@example.com')

Leonel Câmara

Jun 26, 2017, 4:05:39 PM6/26/17
to web2py-users
Hey,

no-r...@example.com should be replaced by an email in your sparkpost sending domain, the email that you wish to use to send emails from. Later if you want to send emails with another from address you can use the sender keyword argument in the send method to use another one.

Anyway you know how to populate custom email address based on username? e.g.,  us...@sparkmail.comus...@sparkmail.com, ...so that each user has his own inbox?

Maybe I'm misunderstanding you, but note that this plugin does not deal with inboxes, sparkpost is used to send email not to receive it.

Using this plugin you are able to send emails in exactly the same way described in the web2py book in the sending section:

The objective was to make it as easy as possible for web2py users to use the sparkpost REST API without having to change any kind of code in their project.

I'm open to adding missing features if people need them as I will also be using it.