web2py with python3

934 просмотра

yifan li

не прочитано,
12 июн. 2018 г., 10:19:0712.06.2018
– web2py-users
Hi everyone,

I install latest version for web2py. But the python version in web2py is 2.7.9. However, I executed web2py in anaconda. My anaconda has python version 3.6 installed. How could I upgrade python version to 3.6 in web2py.

Best regards,
Yifan

Richard Vézina

не прочитано,
12 июн. 2018 г., 11:09:1412.06.2018
– web2py-users
You update python in your system not web2py... What is your environement windows|linux|mac? I guess since you use Anaconda you are under windows or mac... web2py been ported to python 3.4+, but I am not sure it could be considered production ready under python 3. I am not following progress carefully since sometimes, but last time I check there were still issue with paramiko lib that wasn't still ported to python 3 which I think migth represent challenge for the hashing of the password under python 3... If you rely on LDAP and don't manage you own password it not an issue. Other then that, the only remaining constraints would be limited testing of web2py under python 3 that would had prevent the exposition of some remaining unported piece of code... So you migth experience some little compatibility issue under python 3, but they should be consider corner cases. I am sure if you report them there will be someone fixing them asap and you can get them fixed by using the last trunk verion (not the stable version)... For the same reason, I would recommanded to use the latest trunk version if you intend to run under python 3 because there will be less compatibility issues as there isn't been a new web2py version since sometimes and there been many compatibilities issues fixed since then.

If you use linux box most of them are ship with python 3 beside python 2 or even python 3 as default sometimes... If it is not the case, you can start web2py with "python3 web2py.py ..."

Richard

--
Resources:
- http://web2py.com

yifan li

не прочитано,
12 июн. 2018 г., 14:45:5412.06.2018
– web2py-users
Hi Richard,

Thank you for your reply. I'm using a window8 OS. My web2py version is 2.16.1 which is the latest version. After I download the zip file, I just execute 'web2py.exe' in terminal. There is no file called 'web2py.py' so that I'm not allowed to use 'python3  web2py.py' to run this booster file. What would you recommend next move from my current situation. Thank you!

Best regards,
Yifan
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to web2py+un...@googlegroups.com.

Marcelo Huerta

не прочитано,
12 июн. 2018 г., 14:59:5812.06.2018
– web2py-users
You should probably download the source version and follow the indications in http://www.web2py.com/books/default/chapter/29/03/overview#Startup about the source distribution. That way you invoke web2py.py with whatever version of Python you want to use.

Anthony

не прочитано,
12 июн. 2018 г., 15:08:4412.06.2018
– web2py-users
Thank you for your reply. I'm using a window8 OS. My web2py version is 2.16.1 which is the latest version. After I download the zip file, I just execute 'web2py.exe' in terminal. There is no file called 'web2py.py' so that I'm not allowed to use 'python3  web2py.py' to run this booster file. What would you recommend next move from my current situation. Thank you!

To run web2py under Python 3 you must use the source version of web2py with your own Python 3 installation. The binary distribution of web2py comes with Python 2 only.

Anthony

Richard Vézina

не прочитано,
12 июн. 2018 г., 16:22:3012.06.2018
– web2py-users
That's what I thought... I see others give you tip, I think there few things I can had good luck

Richard

黄祥

не прочитано,
12 июн. 2018 г., 21:00:1112.06.2018
– web2py-users
pls use web2py source version, and if you use conda, perhaps this thread discussion can help
ref:

best regards,
stifan
Ответить всем