Unable to install HandsOnTable plugin

Martti Lamberg

Aug 21, 2015, 1:17:59 AM8/21/15
to web2py-users
I can't install HandsOnTable plugin into my app. Tried the automatic plugin installer in .../admin/default/plugins/"my_app" but it says:

unable to install plugin "web2py.plugin.HandsOnTable_plugin_for_a_spreadsheet.w2p"

Tried manually installing it too. I downloaded the "plugin_hotsheet-master-fe9652df3fa5968449ac445f406a0e6c473df37f.tar.gz" and uploaded it to the app. This time it says:

App does not exist or you are not authorized

Niice. So what to do? Can I install it by manually dropping the files to the app folder? Which files and where exactly?

Dave S

Aug 21, 2015, 7:34:27 PM8/21/15
to web2py-users

I'm also interested in the answer, but has anyone turned this into a Web2Py plug-in?

I suspect that you need to unzip/tar the download file, and copy the javascript files to your app's static directory.
(Speaks the person who has never tried that with any javascript, not even an autocompleter)

/dps

Massimo Di Pierro

Aug 22, 2015, 8:08:46 PM8/22/15
to web2py-users
that plugin is a little old and hands on table is evolved since. Using hands on table does not really require the plugin, it is very easy to use, and it purely client side.

Martti Lamberg

Aug 26, 2015, 11:52:08 AM8/26/15
to web2py-users
Okay, I'll try it without the plugin. Thanks

Martti Lamberg

Aug 27, 2015, 1:17:45 PM8/27/15
to web2py-users
Okay, I can't get it to work. I did like in this tutorial: http://docs.handsontable.com/0.17.0/tutorial-quick-start.html
I embed the library directly from their server. It seems like it crashes at the var hot expression var hot statement

Here's my html file:

{{extend 'layout.html'}}

<script src="http://handsontable.com/dist/handsontable.full.js"></script>
<script>

var data = [

["", "Ford", "Volvo", "Toyota", "Honda"],

["2014", 10, 11, 12, 13],

["2015", 20, 11, 14, 13],

["2016", 30, 15, 12, 13]

];

var container = document.getElementById('example');

var hot = new Handsontable(container, {
      data
: data,
      minSpareRows
: 1,
      rowHeaders
: true,
      colHeaders
: true,
      contextMenu
: true

});
</script>

<link rel="stylesheet" media="screen" href="http:/
/handsontable.com/dist/handsontable.full.css">

Jim S

Aug 28, 2015, 9:10:53 AM8/28/15
to web...@googlegroups.com
I cut and pasted your code into one of my views and it worked just fine as is.

-Jim

Martti Lamberg

Aug 29, 2015, 9:29:17 AM8/29/15
to web2py-users
I tried it on several views and apps but it didn't work, until I figured out it might be because of I'm using python anywhere. So yes, I got it to work on normal desktop web2py. That might actually be the root of my original problem.