What parts of web2py do not automatically get replaced when updating to new version?

38 просмотров

Alex Glaros

не прочитано,
8 дек. 2016 г., 16:41:4608.12.2016
– web2py-users
Some components of web2py, such as menu.py and layout.html, stay the same when updating to new version.

What is the list of components that are not automatically updated, but require eventual modernization, such as layout.html?

thanks

Alex Glaros

Anthony

не прочитано,
8 дек. 2016 г., 17:27:5108.12.2016
– web2py-users
Nothing in your application folder gets updated. Everything else does.

Anthony

Alex Glaros

не прочитано,
8 дек. 2016 г., 17:38:1808.12.2016
– web2py-users
so to stay current, whenever there is new web2py version we check for differences/updates in the following?

  • appconfig.ini
  • menu.py
  • db.py
  • layout.html
  • whole CSS, JS folders

Anthony

не прочитано,
8 дек. 2016 г., 21:12:1708.12.2016
– web2py-users
On Thursday, December 8, 2016 at 5:38:18 PM UTC-5, Alex Glaros wrote:
so to stay current, whenever there is new web2py version we check for differences/updates in the following?

  • appconfig.ini
  • menu.py
  • db.py
  • layout.html
Generally, there should be no need to update any of the above. The scaffolding app includes those files as a starting point, but they are intended to be customized by you, not updated with the framework. Every one of those files should have code specific to your app, so why would you replace it with the default version that comes with the scaffolding app?
  • whole CSS, JS folders
Probably not the CSS files.

Within the app folder, you generally only need to update web2py.js, web2py_ajax.html, appadmin.py, and appadmin.html.

Anthony
Ответить всем
Отправить сообщение автору
Переслать