web2py 1.89.5

Roman Molotkovski

May 27, 2016, 12:51:28 AM5/27/16
to web2py-users

I've been looking for old versions of python and but I can't find anything older than 2.0.2 (on github).
A previous thread in this group mentioned this link : http://code.google.com/p/web2py/source/list which was supposedly referring to older versions, but it just refers to the github repository.

I'm specifically interested in version 1.89.5.
Any ideas where can I get it?

Leonel Câmara

May 27, 2016, 8:43:51 AM5/27/16
to web2py-users
Why do you want an older version? web2py hasn't broken backwards compatibility and there was a ton of fixes (including security ones) since then.

Roman Molotkovski

May 29, 2016, 12:05:52 AM5/29/16
to web2py-users
Well, one of our previous developers edited some of the files within the gluon folder years ago in order to add some functionality that we rely on. Why he couldn't add that functionality outside of the gluon folder is beyond me. The bottom line is that we need a "clean" copy of gluon from version 1.89.5 in order to find the added code. Without that we won't be able to upgrade to a newer version.
Hope that clears things up.

Leonel Câmara

May 29, 2016, 8:12:57 AM5/29/16
to web2py-users

Roman Molotkovski

May 29, 2016, 6:18:11 PM5/29/16
to web2py-users
Sorry, but the link you provided is for web2py version 1.99.2. I tried also older dates in https://web.archive.org. They all seem to point to the same version.
Do you happen to know about any other source?

Leonel Câmara

May 29, 2016, 7:39:57 PM5/29/16
to web2py-users
It should be on the code.google.com archive but I can't access it. An alternative for you may be to check which files were modified later than the others inside gluon, so you will at least know the files where he made the changes. You may then be able to use this slightly more recent version.

Alternatively you can tell us what functionality the developer was trying to achieve when he modified gluon and we can just help you implement it again the right way.

Richard Vézina

May 30, 2016, 10:49:41 AM5/30/16
to web2py-users
I will have it in my old VM pretty sure of that... As soon as I have time to reboot, will have a look, sadly I can't have 2 VMs side by side :(

Richard

--
Resources:
- http://web2py.com

Roman Molotkovski

May 31, 2016, 5:56:15 AM5/31/16
to web2py-users
Thanks! I did a quick comparison with version 1.99.2 and there are quite a lot of differences. Having access to a clean copy of 1.89.5 would definitively save me time.

Frank Camp

Jun 2, 2016, 3:28:55 PM6/2/16
to web2py-users
Using google I found this one. http://www.imperiasoft.com/office-tools/pdf/web2py-1-89-5.html#

Like everything downloaded from the internet, check before you use. You never know what is inside an archive.

Frank

Roman Molotkovski

Jun 2, 2016, 4:04:19 PM6/2/16
to web2py-users
Just checked the version file. It's says Version 2.14.6-stable+timestamp.2016.05.10.00.21.47. :(

Richard Vézina

Jun 3, 2016, 12:56:09 PM6/3/16
to web2py-users
Damn it... It very old... I do have 1.88.2 and 1.91.something... But no 1.89.5

Sorry...

I can only think of Massimo's that could help you with that...

Richard

Ricardo Pedroso

Jun 3, 2016, 1:56:05 PM6/3/16
to web...@googlegroups.com
I found a web2py mercurial clone repository on my laptop with releases
starting from 1.77.1 until 2.5.1.

I did the following:

$ hg checkout -r R-1.89.5
$ hg archive /tmp/web2py-1.89.5.tar.gz

I attached the resulting web2py-1.89.5.tar.gz (~5MB)

@Roman - see if it solves your problem

@all - Sorry it's a big email...

Ricardo

Ricardo Pedroso

Jun 3, 2016, 2:29:23 PM6/3/16
to web...@googlegroups.com
gmail didn't allow send the file.
I uploaded to google drive, you can download here:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B0DHm6u1f0KxWXIwVUdHWnc2aXc

Ricardo

Roman Molotkovski

Jun 3, 2016, 2:34:25 PM6/3/16
to web2py-users
Thanks a lot! I'll test it when I'll get the chance.
Really appreciate the help.

Roman