New site on web2py

Ian Ryder

Jun 14, 2017, 9:36:18 AM6/14/17
to web2py-users
Hi all, not sure if it's OK to do this - slap me down if not!

We're just about to launch a new tool / site based on web2py - https://www.wherecani.live

Any feedback appreciated and if it's useful to anyone looking to live in different parts of the world, great stuff.

Thanks Massimo et al for the great framework :)

Cheers
Ian

Ron Chatterjee

Jun 14, 2017, 12:00:27 PM6/14/17
to web2py-users
Interesting! What are the marketing steps you are taking to promote the site?

Chinh Dang

Jun 14, 2017, 12:22:00 PM6/14/17
to web...@googlegroups.com
Beautiful design. Did you use any particular bootstrap-based theme for this?

--
Resources:
- http://web2py.com

Ian Ryder

Jun 14, 2017, 12:54:50 PM6/14/17
to web2py-users
Big push starts in the next week or two - lot of leg work, don't want to spend too much at this stage so a lot of making contact with others in this space. There's nothing quite like it so we're confident we should get decent coverage...also we should be able to make use of the press around Brexit. It's very relevant for a lot of people stuck in limbo right now!

Ian Ryder

Jun 14, 2017, 12:55:33 PM6/14/17
to web2py-users
Thanks - can't take all the credit, it was based around one called Unify but has been heavily tweaked!

tim.n...@conted.ox.ac.uk

Jun 16, 2017, 10:12:47 AM6/16/17
to web2py-users
Very impressive.  Especially impressed by the 'Save for later' process, which I bet I'll end up copying.

Ian Ryder

Jun 17, 2017, 5:35:30 AM6/17/17
to web2py-users
Thanks Tim, much appreciated - it's quite neat as you can flick from device to the other really easily. Assumption is people might start on a phone and decide it's easier on a computer - the nature of the subject means the form has to be longer than you'd ideally want.

Mathieu Clabaut

Jun 17, 2017, 7:38:49 AM6/17/17
to web2py-users

Looks nice, and the concept is interesting.
FYI, the next button didn't work here on Firefox on android.

What's your hosting model ?

Ian Ryder

Jun 18, 2017, 7:15:37 AM6/18/17
to web2py-users, mat...@clabaut.net
Thanks Mathieu - will have to get an Android to see what's happening.

It's Cloudflare  / Amazon / Haproxy / Nginx / MySQL - scales well in all our testing, hopefully we'll get to see how it scales in the real world as well.

Ovidio Marinho

Jun 19, 2017, 7:44:54 AM6/19/17
to web...@googlegroups.com
Congratulations, very good!

                   http://itjp.net.br
                     http://itjp.net.br
          Ovidio Marinho Falcao Neto
                 ovid...@gmail.com

                            Brasil

--
Resources:
- http://web2py.com

Tito Garrido

Jun 19, 2017, 12:00:18 PM6/19/17
to web...@googlegroups.com
Cool! Seems that the autocomplete after the first "Next" is crashing on Firefox, example:

https://www.wherecani.live/data_wizard?born=Brazil

Using Chrome it works.

Regards,

Tito
--

Linux User #387870
.........____

Ian Ryder

Jun 19, 2017, 12:49:07 PM6/19/17
to web2py-users
Thanks Tito - fixed :)
Congratulations, very good!

Resources:
- http://web2py.com
---

Massimo Di Pierro

Jun 20, 2017, 12:16:55 PM6/20/17
to web2py-users
Nice site. congratulations!

Ian Ryder

Jun 21, 2017, 7:34:23 AM6/21/17
to web2py-users
Thanks Massimo for making the building of it much easier than it might have been - I appreciate the blood, sweat and tears that goes into pulling something like web2py together. Good luck with the new version

Ron Chatterjee

Jun 21, 2017, 10:54:00 AM6/21/17
to web2py-users
Is this your personal site or you doing this for a client?

Ian Ryder

Jun 21, 2017, 3:54:58 PM6/21/17
to web2py-users
Hi Ron, we've started up a company, I'm one of the founders

Ron Chatterjee

Jun 21, 2017, 6:51:47 PM6/21/17
to web2py-users
+1