sqlform.grid populated with an AJAX call, grid search doesn't work correctly

drm...@gmail.com

Mar 4, 2015, 2:59:27 PM3/4/15
to web...@googlegroups.com
I have a relatively simple page which has a drop down selection and an empty DIV. When a user selects an item from the drop down an ajax call back to web2py creates an sqlform.grid with a left join query and populates the empty DIV with the grid. This works great.

Now if I use the search capability of the grid: after filling in the search criteria and clicking on the "Search" button, the submit sends me to a page which just says "Nothing to show".

I suspect that the grid isn't quite configured correctly to cause the "Search"/Submit to populate the DIV with the results. Or is the issue that the grid was created with a left join it can't reconcile the left join with the search criteria?