web2py on android

Paolo Amboni

Jul 19, 2016, 7:16:10 AM7/19/16
to web2py-users

Massimo Di Pierro

Jul 19, 2016, 4:15:58 PM7/19/16
to web2py-users
Any web app can run as an android app or ios app. What the server side is written in irrelevant.

One of the easiest ways is to use gonative.io but it is not free.

Everything you see in the article you mention works if you replace Flask with web2py.

I am sure other users have other recommendations.

Massimo

samuel bonill

Jul 19, 2016, 8:17:48 PM7/19/16
to web2py-users
You can use web2py for build a ret_api server and build your app with NativeScript (Angular2), ionic or reactnative

Carlos Cesar Caballero Díaz

Jul 20, 2016, 10:25:48 AM7/20/16
to web...@googlegroups.com
Hi Paolo, in my experience with Android, do what this article describes is a really bad idea, the resources usage is very important in tablets and smartphones because of the little batteries they have, include a complete http server running inside an app will drain the battery considerably fast.

Greetings.

El 19/07/16 a las 07:16, Paolo Amboni escribió:
--
Resources:
- http://web2py.com

eric cuver

Jul 23, 2016, 2:03:24 AM7/23/16
to web2py-users
you can use cordova wbeview and used side client brython( python) and backend web2py
I create the applications in this way it works very well

Francisco García

Jul 25, 2016, 10:03:48 AM7/25/16
to web2py-users
Hello,

Yes, you can write your backend Restful service with Web2py, and connect consumer web applications, android or iOS apps, etc.

I use to read ODoo web services, process data with Web2py and publish to customers with a Restfull service.
Web2py is perfect for this tasks. It is very fast and powerful to code the restful services and the web GUI is almost done out of the box.

Regards
Francisco.

JorgeH

Sep 17, 2016, 7:39:01 PM9/17/16
to web2py-users
what if I need to store data in the mobile when there is no internet connection and sync with the webserver when there is connection?

what db or sqlite, can I use?

eric cuver

Sep 18, 2016, 11:48:38 AM9/18/16
to web2py-users
you can use local storage for example :

var objet = { propriete1 : "valeur1", propriete2 : "valeur2" }; var monobjet_json = window.JSON.stringify(monobjet); window.localStorage.setItem("objet",monobjet_json);