user request_reset_password doesn't send mail

Yebach

May 31, 2018, 7:09:49 AM5/31/18
to web2py-users
Hello

I am using a normal web2py installation and all user features are working (also retrieve username) but the request reset password is not.

Any suggestions on what could be the problem

My auth.settings are

auth.settings.registration_requires_verification = False
auth.settings.registration_requires_approval = True
auth.settings.reset_password_requires_verification = True
auth.settings.remember_me_form=False

The redirect does't happen

Do I have to write my own request_password function or??

Thank You

best regards

Anthony

May 31, 2018, 10:55:05 AM5/31/18
to web2py-users
Is the Auth system otherwise able to send emails successfully?

Vid Ogris

Jun 1, 2018, 12:54:40 AM6/1/18
to web...@googlegroups.com
It sends mail for retrieve username.

--
Resources:
- http://web2py.com

Anthony

Jun 20, 2018, 8:12:34 AM6/20/18
to web2py-users
Describe the exact workflow and exactly what you observe. Check db.auth_event to see if anything is logged. You can also add onvalidation and onaccept callbacks to see if they are getting executed.

Anthony

Vid Ogris

Jun 22, 2018, 2:08:44 AM6/22/18
to web...@googlegroups.com
Hello

In auth_event the password reset is not logged while all other user activities (user logged in, user changed password) are. Where (in which controller) would I insert onvalidation and onaccept callbacks?
--
Lep pozdrav

Vid Ogris

Anthony

Jun 22, 2018, 6:29:30 AM6/22/18
to web2py-users
On Friday, June 22, 2018 at 2:08:44 AM UTC-4, Yebach wrote:
Hello

In auth_event the password reset is not logged while all other user activities (user logged in, user changed password) are. Where (in which controller) would I insert onvalidation and onaccept callbacks?

Each Auth action has auth.settings.[name_of_action]_onvalidation and auth.settings.[name_of_action]_onaccept settings, which are lists of callback functions (they take the associated form object as an argument).

Anyway, if there is no logged event, then it is not getting to the onaccept callback.

It would help if you could describe the exact workflow and what is happening. Try to do some debugging to figure out what code is being run (e.g., does auth.request_reset_password get called at all?).

Anthony