Login - message "invalid email" - on mobil

Beat Kohler

Oct 11, 2016, 9:55:33 PM10/11/16
to web2py-users

Hi guys
I published a POC app on pythonanywhere.com
Authentification procedure works fine on the desktop. But on a mobil I got the message "Invalid email" even the email address is correct and already registered .
Anybody has an idea what's wrong?
Thanks for your help!
Beat

Massimo Di Pierro

Oct 11, 2016, 11:26:15 PM10/11/16
to web2py-users
python anywhere does not have a mailman server. It does not send emails. If you have a paid account you can make outgoing connection and in this case I would connect web2py to sparkpost.com

Beat Kohler

Oct 19, 2016, 8:07:24 AM10/19/16
to web2py-users
Hi Massimo
Thanks for your response. But I not understand your answer. Perhaps my question was not clear. Login with the email address works fine on a desktop. Same URL - same login procedure on a smartphone I get the message "invalid email".... and this as mentioned on an pythomanywhere published application.
Regards
Beat

Massimo Di Pierro

Oct 21, 2016, 7:37:54 PM10/21/16
to web2py-users
I have no idea. I do not see why login would be different from a smartphone. I use it all the time and it works fine. Perhaps capitalization of the email?

Beat Kohler

Oct 25, 2016, 8:29:59 AM10/25/16
to web2py-users
Hi Massimo
sorry for the late response. I found the error. It's the smartphone ... not me :-)
As usual the smartphone will propose the email address when I start to type and as usual I take it.
But, I don't know why, at the end of the address is a space.
Looks like the login procedure not accepts a email address with space.
A email address with space in the middle of the text  is invalid.
But I think it would be nice to omit spaces at the end or at the start.
Best regards
Beat

Massimo Di Pierro

Oct 29, 2016, 10:34:20 PM10/29/16