advice for a restful app

JorgeH

Sep 19, 2016, 7:15:26 PM9/19/16
to web2py-users
Hello

I am prototyping an app in web2py.

My plan is to offer some software as saas.

My question is , for the sake of having the more users (hundreds or thousands) while in production,  should I rewrite the app later in say falcon.. and use a js framework for frontend.. or should I stick with web2py while in production ..

Massimo Di Pierro

Sep 24, 2016, 11:07:16 PM9/24/16
to web2py-users
In terms of scalability most framework, like web2py, all scale in the same using the same tricks. There is no scalability gain in replacing one framework for another. The bottle neck is always the database. When I optimize for production I always stick to web2py but make extensive uses of server side and client side caching. Also do not store everything in the same db and I try store nothing on files. I store user info and anything to do payments in postgres. I store some data in json using either postgres or mongo. I store sessions in redis.