Help with building query functions in a web app - links to tutorials etc

Matthew J Watts

Apr 29, 2017, 1:09:13 PM4/29/17
to web...@googlegroups.com
Hi there everyone!

I'm new to Web2py, i'm really enjoying using the framework so far.

I am trying to rebuild a legacy database.

I want to produce a web app that can query data from multiple tables using drop down boxes e.g. locations, species etc.. I want to be able to select info using drop down boxes,  Then i want to display the result and get the option to download them.

Could someone please point me in the right direction in regards to a tutorials and methods

Thanks

matt

Marlysson Silva

May 2, 2017, 7:21:45 AM5/2/17
to web2py-users
There are the documentarion in section of DAL to declare and handle your data ..

Basically you using the define_table and queries dal..

What you already done?

Matthew J Watts

May 4, 2017, 8:25:39 AM5/4/17
to web...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Marlysson. I'm just going through that chapter now. What i really need to know is how I can trigger queries through various drop down boxes. For example, for one query, i need to create a cascading drop box that can select data sets at different taxonomic levels (animal kingdoms, family, species etc).

--
Resources:
- http://web2py.com