SSL certificate on web2py (aws ec2 + Nginx + uwsgi)

Daniel Dos Santos Guilhermino

Nov 17, 2017, 6:17:39 AM11/17/17
to web2py-users
Hi everybody,

I used the script setup-web2py-nginx-uwsgi to install web2py on Amazon ec2, but I want to use the Amazon Certificate Manager for my domains, it's possible?

I did all the setup on Amazon... but still doesnt work.

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,

Daniel Guilhermino
The impossible is a matter of opinion!

Dave S

Nov 17, 2017, 6:58:54 PM11/17/17
to web2py-users

On Friday, November 17, 2017 at 3:17:39 AM UTC-8, Daniel Dos Santos Guilhermino wrote:
Hi everybody,

I used the script setup-web2py-nginx-uwsgi to install web2py on Amazon ec2, but I want to use the Amazon Certificate Manager for my domains, it's possible?

I did all the setup on Amazon... but still doesnt work.

I don't think I can help you.  I'm running on ec2, but I'm using Let's Encrypt, and so far only have a single domain to worry about.

/dps

Daniel Dos Santos Guilhermino

Nov 17, 2017, 7:16:50 PM11/17/17
to web2py-users
Thanks Dave!

I'll search about let's encrypt, maybe help me.

Best regards.

Daniel Guilhermino

Dave S

Nov 17, 2017, 7:22:18 PM11/17/17
to web2py-users

I used certbot-auto from certbot.org, which is a sub-organization of EFF and Let's Encrypt.   the -auto puts some virtenv wrapping around the regular certbot (python); AWS linux is considered "experimental" by certbot.  Some people prefer acme, which is a BASH script AIUI.

/dps

Daniel Dos Santos Guilhermino

Nov 19, 2017, 8:29:44 PM11/19/17
to web2py-users
HI Dave,

Many thanks, I'll check acme solution too.

best regards,

Michele Comitini

Nov 20, 2017, 8:46:42 AM11/20/17
to web...@googlegroups.com
Daniel,

The AWS certificate manager gives you certificates that you can use on a ELB.  So you can put an ELB in front of your EC2 box and use the certificate(s) from there.

mic

--
Resources:
- http://web2py.com