Q: Efficiently searching by tag / field widths

Paul Coy

May 28, 2015, 1:16:53 AM5/28/15
to web...@googlegroups.com
In the Web2Py Cookbook, Ch3 there is a section called "Efficiently searching by tag" which works quite well, thanks. I've been playing with it and when I enter more than 16 characters to the data.value the data shows up as 15 characters followed by "...". this happens with the results "rows" also. How do I expand the size of the field or fields to show the whole data string". The view seems quite simple but it's just not obvious to me where to adjust field sizes. If someone could point me in the right direction that would be appreciated. Thanks

Dave S

May 28, 2015, 2:03:23 PM5/28/15
to web...@googlegroups.com

On Wednesday, May 27, 2015 at 10:16:53 PM UTC-7, Paul Coy wrote:
In the Web2Py Cookbook, Ch3 there is a section called "Efficiently searching by tag" which works quite well, thanks. I've been playing with it and when I enter more than 16 characters to the data.value the data shows up as 15 characters followed by "...". this happens with the results "rows" also. How do I expand the size of the field or fields to show the whole data string". The view seems quite simple but it's just not obvious to me where to adjust field sizes. If someone could point me in the right direction that would be appreciated. Thanks

I'm not familiar with the example code, or how you're trying to view things, but perhaps you need to change something that looks like
{{=SQLTABLE(rows,linkto,upload,orderby=True,_class='sortable')}}
to something that looks like
{{=SQLTABLE(rows,linkto,upload,orderby=True,_class='sortable', truncate=40)}}

(My example comes out of a tweak I've done my app's appadmin.html)

/dps

Paul Coy

May 29, 2015, 12:33:28 AM5/29/15
to web...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the reply. I can't find anything that looks like your reply so I think I'm going to try Example 29 from the Web2py site instead. It looks very similar to what I'm trying to accomplish.