Rethinkdb on Web2py

Oasis Agano

Jul 25, 2016, 1:50:25 PM7/25/16
to web2py-users
Is there a way of using rethinkdb on web2py framework

Marlysson Silva

Jul 26, 2016, 7:41:45 AM7/26/16
to web2py-users
I think that no.. because the DAL adapters in the web2py support only these databases:

António Ramos

Jul 26, 2016, 10:18:26 AM7/26/16
to web...@googlegroups.com
You can connect to rethinkdb with javascript...

--
Resources:
- http://web2py.com

Anthony

Jul 26, 2016, 12:21:51 PM7/26/16
to web2py-users
On Monday, July 25, 2016 at 1:50:25 PM UTC-4, Oasis Agano wrote:
Is there a way of using rethinkdb on web2py framework

You cannot use it with the DAL, as there is no adapter, and therefore you cannot use it with any parts of web2py that depend on the DAL (Auth, SQLFORM, SQLFORM.grid). However, you can certainly use RethinkDB within a web2py application -- just use the Python driver provided by RethinkDB.

Anthony

Marlysson Silva

Jul 26, 2016, 1:05:50 PM7/26/16
to web2py-users
Great answer , just I've a doubt .. which type of applications use rethinkdb standalone.. without persist in database..

Anthony

Jul 26, 2016, 6:05:17 PM7/26/16
to web2py-users
On Tuesday, July 26, 2016 at 1:05:50 PM UTC-4, Marlysson Silva wrote:
Great answer , just I've a doubt .. which type of applications use rethinkdb standalone.. without persist in database..

What do you mean by "use rethinkdb standalone.. without persist in database.."?

Message has been deleted

Dave S

Jul 26, 2016, 8:24:15 PM7/26/16
to web2py-users

On Tuesday, July 26, 2016 at 5:10:18 PM UTC-7, Marlysson Silva wrote:
Use them only to proccess something .. without write in to database.. use in a moment to something specific..

The rethinkdb itself has persistence, no?

Your web2py server could consume results from a rethinkdb query without saving anything in the RDBMS (postrgres, mysql, etc), just as it could consume information from another website (dowjones.com, cnn.com, etc) with or without saving anything locally.  I'm not coming up with a use-case for it at the moment, but I have consumed services from a power-switching device, so I won't be surprised if someone else comes up with something.

I would be inclined to have the rethinkdb query come from my client code, in the javascript on a web page or within a mobile app, but I'm sure someone has more imagination that I do.

/dps

JorgeH

Sep 19, 2016, 11:20:14 PM9/19/16
to web2py-users
any plans to a rethinkdb adapter to DAL in the foreseeable future?