Salesforce access code works standalone but fails from within web2py app

jim kaubisch

Jun 19, 2018, 12:06:29 PM6/19/18
to web2py-users

HI,

One of the apps I’m writing involves interaction with Salesforce.

I’ve written a context manager to implement access to our Salesforce account (using “simple_salesforce” as the access mechanism).

When run as a standalone program access and data retrieval work fine, but imported into my web2py app and called from there, it fails with

   Failed to open SF connection.

   Msg= HTTPSConnectionPool(host='login.salesforce.com', port=443):

        Max retries exceeded with url: /services/Soap/u/29.0 (Caused by SSLError(SSLError(1,

        u'[SSL: SSLV3_ALERT_HANDSHAKE_FAILURE] sslv3 alert handshake failure (_ssl.c:661)'),))

There’s no particular reason why anyone would know what the problem might be, but I’m asking just in case :-(

Thanks

jim kaubisch

Jun 19, 2018, 2:39:31 PM6/19/18
to web2py-users
Solved...

Ultimately an out-of-date simple_salesforce,
but complicated by the fact that my pip v9.0.1 attempt to upgrade  simple_salesforce (and even pip  itself) also failed with a TLSV1 failure.

Stumbled upon this link - which had an answer that worked for me to get out of this apparent infinite loop :-(

Might be for use to others