Docs and SQLTABLE

Dave S

Nov 28, 2016, 4:30:14 AM11/28/16
to web2py-users
The first mention of SQLTABLE in the book seems to be in Chapter 6, under Table Constructor, format attribute, without much to show what SQLTABLE is.

The definition (signature) of SQLTABLE is under Rendering rows using represent, and the search tool doesn't seem to find that.

I'm not sure how to make the introduction of SQLTABLE better, though it might come to me in a bit, but I thought I'd squeak in case anyone else had a suggestion.

/dps

Massimo Di Pierro

Nov 28, 2016, 6:24:48 PM11/28/16
to web2py-users
I am not sure SQLTABLE is very useful. I think looping and making your own table is a more common pattern.

Dave S

Nov 29, 2016, 2:00:29 AM11/29/16
to web2py-users

On Monday, November 28, 2016 at 3:24:48 PM UTC-8, Massimo Di Pierro wrote:
I am not sure SQLTABLE is very useful. I think looping and making your own table is a more common pattern.

Well, that would let me do the green-bar stuff, but either SQLTABLE should be findable in the docs, or it shouldn't be in the docs.

/dps