what do you think about this suggestion?

Massimo DiPierro

Sep 9, 2015, 1:39:03 PM9/9/15
to web2py-developers

try:
   pickle.dumps(self, pickle.HIGHEST_PROTOCOL)
ecxept:
   pickle.dumps(self)

Leonel Câmara

Sep 9, 2015, 2:41:41 PM9/9/15
to web2py-developers
I don't like it, that's catching any exception. It would also make web2py slower on the cases where that exception is being thrown consistently on every request, of course that will only happen to Apache users but, still, it looks a lot like hiding a bug.

Why won't Apache just die...

It also appears that this problem only starts happening when you have more than one web2py running in the same apache server. The solution for them is to use different process groups (or really just stop using Apache).

As Fabrice suggested here:

This really really looks like a bug with Apache/mod_wsgi, possibly only on microsoft windows, it doesn't happen in any other configuration I've tried.

Michele Comitini

Sep 9, 2015, 3:02:16 PM9/9/15
to web2py-developers
Yes a try except sound a bit too heavy there!
could it be defined by configuration?  Just to avoid editing.