welcome tests or plugin?

Richard Vézina

Jul 21, 2015, 8:56:41 PM7/21/15
to web2py-d...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

I would like to integrate web2py.test (https://github.com/viniciusban/web2py.test) as an optional parameters when create a new app... You would have the possibility to include py.test testing or unittest/BDD (https://github.com/niphlod/welcome_augmented) infrastructure or not.

That way those project have not to be update each time there is change over welcome...

Would you prefer integrating the underlying test infrastructure as a plugin or directly into the welcome? Would integrating it as a web2py plugin will makes more difficulties in the way it works (I guess I should try by myself)?

I play a bit with web2py.test and submit a welcome update PR to Vinicius but he seems not very active rigth now... Doing that realize that it was going to be unmanegable to constantly update the welcome part of the web2py.test repo and better integrate it to the welcome... Having review Niphold welcome_augmented in the pass, I think the effort suffer from the same issue. I have been pleasantly surprised that the addition to the welcome app made by Vinicius was still functioning correctly in the last welcome app after carefully dissect them apart and copy it to the new welcome. So having this in the welcome core would not require to much upgrade effort so far...

What do you think?

I can make try and send a PR for you to evaluate

Richard