[Organize] Maybe it's time to use Milestones

Giovanni Barillari

Mar 20, 2015, 8:07:13 AM3/20/15
to web2py-d...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

I feel like we have a serious issue about organization here. Feeling like we tend to make "big rushes" when it's time to make a new release, instead of some "constant" behavior.
We succeeded to move issues to github, having everything into the same place. Now I think it's time to use the milestone system, and start *planning* the releases at least 1 month before the scheduled date.

Using this system also allow us to attach issues to a specific milestone, so we can give a *real* priority to issues and schedule the fixes for a specific date.
This will lead also to a better organization of the developers themselves, since an issue can also being assigned to someone.

What do you think?

/Giovanni

Michele Comitini

Mar 20, 2015, 8:10:57 AM3/20/15
to web2py-developers
+1

Leonel Câmara

Mar 20, 2015, 9:36:22 AM3/20/15
to web2py-d...@googlegroups.com
Agreed, I also know no one is getting paid here, but I would also like to have some tasks assigned now and then, otherwise I just seem to always busy myself with something else.

Basically, we could have a pool of people that are available to get tasks and Massimo could hand them over as they appear.

Paolo Valleri

Mar 20, 2015, 9:48:54 AM3/20/15
to web2py-d...@googlegroups.com
@leonel what about adding a simple comment in the issue you are interested to work on? Normally there is no that rush in fixing issue.

 Paolo

Massimo DiPierro

Mar 20, 2015, 10:16:09 AM3/20/15
to web2py-d...@googlegroups.com
OK but I would like a document about how this is going to work. We should have a shared doc about policies. This being one of them.

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted