What happened to our test coverage?

Leonel Câmara

Feb 26, 2018, 9:08:32 AM2/26/18
to web2py-developers
For some reason the changes in this pull request reduced our coverage by 15%

https://github.com/web2py/web2py/pull/1844

Richard Vézina

Feb 26, 2018, 12:48:07 PM2/26/18
to web2py-d...@googlegroups.com

On Mon, Feb 26, 2018 at 9:08 AM, Leonel Câmara <leonel...@gmail.com> wrote:
For some reason the changes in this pull request reduced our coverage by 15%

https://github.com/web2py/web2py/pull/1844

Richard Vézina

Feb 26, 2018, 1:28:59 PM2/26/18
to web2py-d...@googlegroups.com
It the b'...', I think : https://codecov.io/gh/web2py/web2py/pull/1844/diff

Quote : A prefix of 'b' or 'B' is ignored in Python 2; it indicates that the literal should become a bytes literal in Python 3 (e.g. when code is automatically converted with 2to3). A 'u' or 'b' prefix may be followed by an 'r' prefix.

So I guess that coverage includes those line which are ignored in coverage computation...

Richard

Leonel Câmara

Feb 26, 2018, 1:41:09 PM2/26/18
to web2py-developers
I think it was a coincidence and not due to this pull request, looks like a coverage update changed how the config is supposed to be done. I'll fix it.

Richard Vézina

Feb 26, 2018, 1:46:48 PM2/26/18
to web2py-d...@googlegroups.com
Yes I saw some update passed to testing or coverage recently it might be related to that too...

I can't find any relevant lead with "coverage python and b" neither on the converage repo and issues : https://bitbucket.org/ned/coveragepy/issues?q=b%27

But it don't seems to be relevant...

Richard

Leonel Câmara

Feb 26, 2018, 3:13:53 PM2/26/18
to web2py-developers
Yep, just raised our coverage by 18% mainly by making coverage behave like it used to.

https://github.com/web2py/web2py/pull/1873

Richard Vézina

Feb 26, 2018, 3:18:06 PM2/26/18
to web2py-d...@googlegroups.com
Great job... Was the b' string regarded as "error"? as you just remove "ignore_errors = True"

Richard