new web2py version

Massimo DiPierro

Aug 6, 2015, 11:24:18 PM8/6/15
to web2py-developers
I would like to release a new version. Is the current trunk (also nightly build) good enough or is there anything urgent we should fix first?

Massimo

Niphlod

Aug 7, 2015, 3:00:03 AM8/7/15
to web2py-developers
I had plans to contribute new features (namely jwt and new redis-dependant code) but they can be postponed after the release.

maybe this
https://github.com/web2py/web2py/issues/735 easy to fix, just unlock before delete

can be merged before the new release

Massimo DiPierro

Aug 7, 2015, 3:05:14 AM8/7/15
to web2py-d...@googlegroups.com
On Aug 7, 2015, at 2:00 AM, Niphlod <nip...@gmail.com> wrote:

I had plans to contribute new features (namely jwt and new redis-dependant code) but they can be postponed after the release.

agreed

maybe this
DONE
DONE

https://github.com/web2py/web2py/issues/735 easy to fix, just unlock before delete

let’s wait. I hate tweaking with session logic. It always breaks something. Will’do it in the next release.

On Friday, August 7, 2015 at 5:24:18 AM UTC+2, Massimo Di Pierro wrote:
I would like to release a new version. Is the current trunk (also nightly build) good enough or is there anything urgent we should fix first?

Massimo

Niphlod

Aug 7, 2015, 3:14:40 AM8/7/15
to web2py-developers

https://github.com/web2py/web2py/issues/735 easy to fix, just unlock before delete

let’s wait. I hate tweaking with session logic. It always breaks something. Will’do it in the next release.

it's not that big of a deal. Windows can't unlink if the file is locked, while unix can. If this behaviour is a better "logic" or not, I can't say. If you lock a file, should you unlock it before deletion? who knows. For all intents and purposes, we just need to delete it. The logic of the code assumes a locked file can be deleted, but it's not the case on all platforms.