MongoDB Versioning not fully working

Alan Etkin

Mar 6, 2015, 7:37:47 PM3/6/15
to web2py-d...@googlegroups.com
I don't think that mongodb class implements common filters. Maybe it just accepts the option and does nothing

Paolo Valleri

Mar 7, 2015, 8:09:59 AM3/7/15
to web2py-d...@googlegroups.com
Record versioning requires the modified_by and modified_on fields, have a look here:
http://web2py.com/books/default/chapter/29/09/access-control#Record-versioning
I tested your example with sqlite. the table members_archive has been created only when I've added auth.signature in the table definition.

 Paolo

Can you point me in the right direction? I might have security issues with this in my app because deleted records are showing up

On Mar 7, 2015 12:37 AM, "Alan Etkin" <spam...@gmail.com> wrote:
I don't think that mongodb class implements  common filters. Maybe it just accepts the option and does nothing

Paolo Valleri

Mar 7, 2015, 8:57:23 AM3/7/15
to web2py-d...@googlegroups.com
Hi, I should have fixed it, have a look at https://github.com/web2py/pydal/pull/71

 Paolo

Yes, auth.signature is needed
In sqllite works well, the problem might be in the MongoDB Adapter

Alan Etkin

Mar 7, 2015, 10:07:04 AM3/7/15
to web2py-d...@googlegroups.com
Hi, I should have fixed it, have a look at https://github.com/web2py/pydal/pull/71

 Paolo

Thanks Paolo

I belive this issue could affect other classes that use nosqladapter (googledatastore, etc.). Maybe it could be possible to patch nosqladapter instead of mongodb.

Paolo Valleri

Mar 7, 2015, 11:10:22 AM3/7/15
to web2py-d...@googlegroups.com
I noticed there are no tests on pydal for record versioning. Given that I'll start by writing them and fixing any other failing adapter. Afterwords we can surely do some code refactoring.

 Paolo

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted