Is this a fix for the GAE MySQL problem?

webm...@trytha.com

May 4, 2017, 10:08:37 PM5/4/17
to web2py-developers
Didn't seem that hard to track down, so I may just be wrong here (I haven't quite wrapped my head around what the function is doing, but I tentatively hacked together a fix):

In pydal/adapters/google.py, the following change makes my local version of web2py work with GAE and MySQL again:

def _find_work_folder(self):
        # super(GoogleSQL)._find_work_folder()
        super(MySQL, self)._find_work_folder()
        if os.path.isabs(self.folder) and self.folder.startswith(os.getcwd()):
            self.folder = os.path.relpath(self.folder, os.getcwd())

This doesn't SEEM to have broken the app after I deployed it, either, so...  Anyone want to confirm whether this is actually a solution (and if so, get it in the main branch)?